Business Development Manager- Guinot Mary Cohrat Guinot Mary Cohr (view profile)
UK Berkshire Berkshire
Beauty, Business Development Manager
Business Development Managers (BDM’s) work tactically and strategically to increase the awareness, use and sales of Guinot - Mary Cohr’s treatments and products in salons and Spas throughout the United Kingdom & Ireland within a designated territory. BDM’s will be sufficiently experienced to provide general business advice including matters relating to the Guinot franchise concept. BDM’s will also be capable of generating new business and conducting ‘in salon’ and group training sessions to the required standard. The position requires BDM’s to hold and deliver limited stock, equipment (for demo or training purposes) and promotional material etc to salons and training venues and does not have fixed hours and therefore BDM’s will be expected to work flexibly and reliably to meet the needs of the business and this may include some evenings and weekend work.
The BDM is responsible to their Regional Business Development Manager.
Based in their specific geographical territory they are responsible for achieving an annual revenue target by actively supporting the growth and development of the existing accounts in the area. In addition the BDM is responsible for developing their territory in line with the financial and new account volume targets by actively prospecting and opening new accounts for Guinot and Mary Cohr. BDM’s are also required to follow the company’s new business prospecting methodology and deal with any leads from Head Office in a timely manner. With a consultative style and a structured approach to time management and operating efficiency the BDM will pursue all opportunities to develop a salons business by presenting new products and treatments, increasing the range of products carried, taking stock orders and giving general help, support and advice on a number of topics including but not limited to; sales and marketing, merchandising, promotional events, training and treatment demonstrations. They will be familiar with the franchise concept and promote it as and where appropriate to salons on their area. The BDM is responsible for the delivery of selected Guinot and Mary Cohr Training courses and to ensure such training is enthusiastically and professionally delivered at all times and that training standards are maintained wherever the courses are undertaken.
The BDM will also organise and run regular Regional Workshops for commercial and training purposes.
As part of a dynamic sales, training and commercial team each BDM will seek to achieve and exceed their goals and objectives to help strengthen Guinot – Mary Cohr UK’s position as a leading supplier of beauty therapy systems and skincare. The BDM will be set targets to achieve in terms of sales, number of weekly visits, prospecting calls, new accounts, ‘in salon’ training, events and regional workshops etc and will also be expected to provide regular written reports covering area results and trends along with any general market and or marketing developments with our competitors.
▪ Principle objective is achievement of the area revenue and new business targets .
▪ Day to day management of all aspects of the assigned area with the communication focus on salon owner/manager and, where appropriate, their therapists.
▪ Build and maintain positive working relationships at all levels with salon staff including supporting administration staff e.g. receptionists.
▪ Work with the Regional Business Development Manager to develop,
▪ Maintain an up to date knowledge of the market in general as well as Guinot/Mary Cohr products and treatments.
▪ Understand the individual business of each salon including salon turnover, products and product ranges stocked, treatments offered and ensure high standards are achieved and maintained.
▪ Ensure salon staff are kept up to date with product & treatment knowledge and training requirements.
▪ Support and develop existing salons with sales/promotional sessions and product/retail /treatment training.
▪ Be responsible for initiating, planning and leading regional workshops for existing salons to include training/business presentations/talks and sales cycle presentations/promotions etc.
▪ Work closely with the Regional Business Development Manager to plan work schedules and weekly and monthly /promotion cycle timetables to ensure all salons receive appropriate number of regular visits in line with their business potential and training requirements. Operate an effective and efficient journey plan to maximise the time spent on new account procurement, training and existing client activity and minimise time spent on travel and admin. Maintain daily contact with head office team and report trends, competitor activity and opportunities.
▪ Regularly attend company meetings, treatment and product training sessions and trade shows as necessary.
▪ Develop relations with colleges on the area and where appropriate offer educational sessions to present the Guinot & Mary Cohr brands.
▪ Prepare detailed and accurate records of all visits that have been made and submit these records on a timely basis. Ensure problems with accounts are highlighted and communicated to the relevant people within twenty four hours of learning about them. Update ACT for each customer visit and activity.
▪ To maintain accurate records of any training events including details on students and assessments and to liaise with the Training Department as necessary.
▪ BDM’s should use their best endeavors to achieve the company’s goals & targets and their performance in this respect will be measured & monitored accordingly.
▪ Professionally qualified to NVQ 3 in Beauty Therapy. Level 3 or equivalent required for electrical therapies for both face & body.
▪ Professionally qualified to NVQ 3 in Beauty Therapy (optional)
▪ Minimum of two years post qualified experience as a therapist within the professional beauty industry, preferable
▪ Experience of motivating and leading individuals to achieve results and performance targets
▪ A good understanding of beauty professional products markets and salon business basics.
▪ Experience of managing budgets and achieving performance related targets
▪ Have high levels of interpersonal and effective communication skills
▪ Ability to solve problems and use initiative
▪ Be able to demonstrate good customer care and service skills
▪ Have good organisational experience appropriate to the role and the ability to work without supervision.
▪ Prepare monthly reports for presentation at Sales Meetings, to include information on overall performance, events and workshops held and competitor activity in area, etc
▪ Have had an eyesight test within the last two years and hold a full clean driving license.