A background or experience working within salons as a stylist, educator, salon manger is preferred for this role.
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of this role?
The Professional Products Division is universally known for exclusively supplying salons and other professional customers with the most advanced technologies in hair care, styling and colouring products. The 8 brands within this division are L’Oreal Professionnel, Mizani, Redken, Pureology, Kérastase, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, Matrix and Essie Professionnel.
As part of the Redken Field Sales team, you will work in partnership with salon accounts to ensure the development of the salon’s business through the recommendation and sale of highly innovative and effective products. You will manage an account base of existing and competitor salons, building long term relationships and executing the commercial plans of the Division in order to achieve and exceed defined revenue, growth, promotional and distribution objectives.
• Work to a structured, logical journey plan, ensuring that all existing and prospect customers are visited on a monthly basis.
• Develop effective and profitable relationships with salon partners.
• Work with the Redken Educator to establish and deliver education plans in accounts, ensuring the expertise of the salon staff in using and recommending the Redken range.
• Achieve growth, revenue & volume objectives by using innovative sales & marketing solutions.
• Originate, agree and implement promotional and marketing activity designed to generate sales growth and meet brand objectives.
• Network with colleagues across the Professional Products Division to share best practice and maximise success in prospect accounts
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of the market and customers to ensure effective market intelligence
• Complete all required administration in a timely and accurate manner and ensure the maintenance of customer files.
You will build strong relationships with salons and hairdressers on the area, maintaining a close relationship with existing salons and creating a partnership with conquest salons. You will have close contact with fellow members of your team and your Area Manager. You will also work closely with your Technical Consultant and have contact with employees from the other Professional Products brands on your territory.
• A structured sales background, with a proven track record is essential
• A background or experience working within salons as a stylist, educator, salon manger is preferred
• Drive to achieve results
• Exposure to consultative selling
• Commercial acumen supported by excellent negotiation skills
• Presents confidently and demonstrates the ability to convince others
• Listens and interacts effectively with different interpersonal styles
• Communicates clearly and concisely
• Builds effective relationships
• Focused on achieving objectives, able to adjust priorities, manage time, follow up on actions
• Takes responsibility beyond scope of role
• Actively looks for new solutions, creates new ideas
• Develops a multi-perspective analysis of problems
• Is aware of and takes responsibility for implications of decisions
• Act & lead with human sensitivity
• Manage complexity
• Achieve results with integrity
• Interact effectively
• Sensitivity to the metier
What could L’Oréal offer me?
• World class training and development
• Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary
• Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
• The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.